Gulf District Photo Contest- more details
NOTE: This contest is NOT judged by ARS photo contest rules. This is a artistic photo contest to celebrate the beauty of the rose! All are encouraged to enter!
SUBMISSIONS GUIDELINES FOR PHOTOGRAPHS
1. The contest is open for online submissions only and must be received before February 1, 2019.
2. Submissions will not be accepted once the deadline lapses.
3. Photos submitted must be at least 640 pixels (much higher is preferred) on the shorter side. Images should be no larger than 15MB. Photos should be in JPEG format, no raw files will be accepted.
4. You may submit multiple entries, up to 10 images per person, but each image should be sent as a separate email.
5. You are required to provide a unique title for each image submitted. This should be in the subject line of your email. (see rule #11)
6. The photos will be judged on artistic merit alone but must include a rose in the image as a prominent element of the image. Photos of garden landscapes, arrangements, still life (including or excluding human subjects) are all acceptable as long as they contain a rose.
7.There must be: no border(s), logo(s), copyright marks, identifying marks, or any other visible references and/or marks on the image. The work must be your own and not taken from any other source.
8. Basic editing, including color enhancement, the use of filters, and cropping of the Photo(s) is acceptable, provided any such editing does not affect the authenticity and/or genuineness of the Photo(s).
9. Advanced editing used to create illusions, deceptions and/or manipulations, and the adding and removing of significant elements within the frame is prohibited.
10. Every image is subject to a moderation process before it is accepted. Photos that portray or otherwise include inappropriate and/or offensive content, including nudity, violence, human rights and/or environmental violation, and/or any other contents deemed to be contrary to the law, religious, cultural & moral traditions are strictly prohibited and will be immediately discarded.
11. Email submission should follow this format:
Email to email@example.com
Subject line: YOUR NAME, YOUR PHOTO TITLE
No message in the body is required, simply attach the file to the email and send.
You will receive a confirmation email once your image is accepted. Email confirmation may have a multiple day delay depending on volume we receive.
12. Winning image will be used by the Gulf District (with credit) for promotional purposes including but not limited to webpages, social media, literature, etc.
1. Gulf District will appoint a judge / judges for each contest. Judges are independent artists who are not otherwise involved with the contest.
2. The judging panel shall assess and determine the winning slate of photos. The top 5 scoring photos will be printed for showcase at the 2019 Mid-Winter Workshop. Attendees to the 2019 Mid-Winter Workshop will have opportunity to vote for their favorite image. The image which receives the most votes will be the best in show, followed by second and third place rankings.
3. The decision of the Gulf District anonymous judging panel will be final and binding on all participants in respect to all matters relating to the contest. Images will be judged electronically only and ranked based on a rubric of artistic merits. The rubric will assign equal points for categories of: focus, lighting, subject, composition and overall impact or creativity.
Disclaimer: While the advice and information contained in this website are believed to be correct and accurate, neither the webmaster, the authors, nor Gulf District of the American Rose Society can accept responsibility for any errors or omissions that may be made. The Gulf District of the American Rose Society makes no warranty, expressed or implied, with respect to the material contained herein. Should you see an error, please contact the webmaster HERE
Privacy Statement: Visitors to the Gulf District Rose Society website can be assured of total privacy. We do not track, store, or sell individual information of any kind.
This webpage designed and managed by: Louisiana Signs and Designs, LLC.
More information at www.louisianasignsanddesigns.com